The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) helps you get more out of life.
It’s Government-subsidised funding to access entry-level support services.
CHSP funding can be used to pay for a variety of different services for you, your partner or a family member. This includes everything from meal prep to respite care.
The CHSP is designed for people who only need one or two services. If you feel like you need more support you may be better suited to a Home Care Package.
On this page you’ll learn:
- What the CHSP is
- Who is eligible for the CHSP
- How to apply for the CHSP
- BodeWell’s approach to CHSP services
- Other care options available
What is the CHSP?
The CHSP is funding provided by the Government to help older Australians get more out of life.
It gives you access to services that help you stay at home and remain part of the community.
It’s entry-level support for people who need help with one or a couple of everyday tasks.
- Services to keep you happy, healthy and independent. Things like personal care, meal prep, nursing services and allied health.
- Services to keep you safe at home. Things like cleaning, home maintenance and minor modifications, and assistive technology.
- Services to keep you connected to the community. Things like transport and social support services.
Who is eligible for CHSP funding?
To be eligible for CHSP funding you must be:
- 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people).
- 50 years or older (45 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) and on a low income, homeless, or at risk of being homeless.
How to apply for the CHSP
To apply for CHSP funding you need to get in touch with My Aged Care.
You can register your interest by calling 1800 200 422 or going to myagedcare.gov.au.
After a quick eligibility check, a member of the Regional Assessment Service (RAS) will pop by to provide a free home support assessment.
Once you’ve been approved you can nominate BodeWell as your service provider.
We’ll work with you to make sure you receive the level of care you need to enjoy your home, lifestyle and community for as long as you like, in the way you like.
BodeWell's approach to CHSP services
Our CHSP services have a strong focus on social connectedness.
We want you to continue to enjoy your home, lifestyle and community for as long as you like, in the way you like. This is why we work closely with you to make sure your needs, goals and choices are being recognised.
Key to this is matching you with a Personal Support Worker.
We’ll find someone with a similar background, personality and values.
Once you’ve found your perfect match, we like to keep it that way. Doing this creates strong bonds and means you and your family have a familiar face you can turn to for support.
What other care options are available?
There are some cases where CHSP funding may not be the best fit. If you need help with a few different services you may be better suited to a Home Care Package. There’s also the option of Privately Funded Care Services if you don’t qualify for Government subsidised support or would prefer to pay yourself. Talk to us today about your options.